IMac Loading Issue

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dandare91, Oct 18, 2011.

1. dandare91 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I have Bootcamp installed running XP pro,

I used it last night with no issue and shut down as normal with out any issues.

This afternoon i have gone to turn it on it has started to load in XP and displayed that it was not shut down correctly ect ect so i tried all the options safe mode,last config ect. and it trys to load it but flash a blue screen with some yellow writing ( cant read it its to fast) before it reboots and goes back to the same thing.

I have tried pushing F8 and use the other options to no avail.

i have tried holding the option key but it seems to do nothing i did have a push with some buttons and got to a white screen with the earth on it and a white screen with a folder with a question mark....

to me this doesnt seem good im not the smartest bloke with macs but i think the hard drive might be a gonner... any other idea advice on what it might be or how to fix it?

Thanks

2. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

Windows forums. If you are running windows it is no longer a Mac and has to be troubleshot by Win users.
    For example: "Did you reinstall Windows yet?"

3. dandare91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its running windows on bootcamp I switch beetween the two.

4. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

Bootcamp is just drivers and a partitioning agent for the hardware. It is not running "through" anything. It is Windows with all the benefits and pitfalls. I just thought you'd get a better response if you tried users who run Windows all the time.