iMac Logic Board... *Sigh*

Discussion in 'iMac' started by owen andrews, Jul 11, 2010.

1. owen andrews macrumors newbie

I have a problem.
    two months back my imac stopped working, simply wont turn on.
    Having opened it up i found that when plugged in it had power (little green power light was on). Ive tried reseting something by pressing a button on the logic board that didnt help. i then tried turning it on from the internal power button, that didnt work. Tried replacing ram and stuff, still nothing the only thing that works is the little green light.

I read that the iMac G5's had logic board prob's, exploding capacitor's etc. but everything looks in-tacked.

has any one got any suggestion's? Im completely out of idea's!

Cheers Chap's!

2. BigTroll macrumors member

they had a bad run of certain G5 iMacs some had bad capacitors that would cause them to work erradically and finally cease to turn on, if your adventurous you could take the back off the unit and inspect for bulged or blown capacitors, and then have a shop install new ones or if your good at soldering you could do it yourself, could be a bad power supply too. anyways if you google imac g5 capacitors problems you can find out more about it. :apple: oopps didn't see you checked the capacitors, sorry about that. guess check the power supply then.

3. H.koch macrumors newbie

Hi Owen,

Could you please contact me via email h.koch@os4x.com, I have a question regarding a new iMac you might have bought and returned. Thanks a lot.

Harald Koch