Imac Mac OS 9.2 Help Any Help Appreciated

Discussion in 'iMac' started by maylenestreasur, Dec 16, 2011.

1. maylenestreasur macrumors newbie

Dec 16, 2011
    We bought t5his iMac says mac os 9.2 when you turn it on. We usually have pc's but bought this for our little kids to browse internet & play & watch uTube for $40. I think it was a mistake after the issues I've had today. I cannot access my yahoo mail, doesn't seem to load certain internet pages, was suppose to be xmas present but I don't even think it will go on utube. So my questions are...Is Intenet esxplorer 5 the best internet? I tried to go to apple & got nowhere, should I just trash it? Or is there a way that it can be used for the things the kids want it for? It won't even let me go and print shipping from did I get ripped off? System is 9.2.2 other info is 65 mb memory, power pc g3, 400 mhz quicktime 5.0.2 disk cache 2048k (do I clear this?) Any help is appreciated. Thanks
  2. Fuzzy14, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011

Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Nov 19, 2006
    Renfrew, Scotland
    Nope, you didn't get ripped off, $40 for an iMac is ace! I still use mine (2000 graphite).

Using IE5.5 and 9.2.2 it won't be able to load any page that uses flash or more modern web pages. You could get into Yahoo mail if they offer a HTML version of their mail (I know Google do this.) IE 5.5 is pretty much as far is it will go, but you should be able to upgrade your iMac to MacOS 10.3.9 (can probably buy a disc on eBay) which will run Safari and Firefox.
  3. Nameci macrumors 68000

Oct 29, 2010
    The Philippines...
    Mods, please move this to PowerPC, she might get some help there.