iMac/Macbook Student Discount Question.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by torrid30, Aug 14, 2007.

1. torrid30 macrumors member

Alright I'm trying to figure this out.

I just bought an iMac and got an iPod with it on my student discount.

Now my sister is going to buy a Macbook on my student discount as well since this is allowed with the One desktop per Academic year and One Laptop per Academic year.

So could I use the iPod discount again and get a free iPod Nano with the purchase of the Macbook?

I don't know how this all works. I don't know if this is "beating the system" if this is "against the rules" or what because I didn't look into the fine print.

Any insight would be helpful

Torrid

2. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

I believe so, one ipod rebate per invoice/cpu, so 2 invoices/cpus 2 ipods. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

yep I was right:

3. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I looked on the terms and conditions, and I couldn't find anything. I think that means you're clear. However, when you fill out the rebate form online, make sure it all works out. Be sure to keep your Nano unopened, because if it doesn't work, you'll be able to return it.

4. torrid30 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys. The Nano will make a nice little addition to my sister's system.

5. filmgirl macrumors regular

filmgirl

Call Apple and ask them. I say this because they require you to send in the actual Nano UPC - and without that barcode, you can't return the product to the Apple store.

Edit: NM, I think I mis-read your post. If you are only using the rebate on the Nano - then you are fine. You can buy as many iPods/nanos/Apple TV's as you want with the student discount per academic year. They only limit you on desktops (1) laptops (1) and pieces of software (2). So if you are just wanting to claim the rebate on your sister's Nano - you're fine. If you are wanting to claim more than one rebate, I'd call them first before taking off the UPC.