iMac mail accounts

Discussion in 'iMac' started by wlm, Jul 11, 2011.

1. wlm macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Mac world.

I have an iMac, i'm using mac mail. Somehow i created 2 different email (POP) accounts. I would like to export mailbox and re-create 1 email (POP) account.

I don't want loose any emails.

Any suggestions appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

wlm.

2. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

You can create a new mailbox, then copy all the emails to that.. then delete the account. and copy all the emails out and back to the inbox.

While in mail.. Go to the top of your screen where the menu bar is, select Mailbox > New Mailbox.

Go to your accounts inbox, select all the mails, and just drag them into the new mailbox you created.

Delete account.

Select all emails from new mailbox and drag to inbox... If you want. You don't have to do this as this mailbox folder is searchable.

3. wlm thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks VPrem for your reply.

I can do that, but the problem is to select one particular mailbox to copy the emails, as i mentioned earlier there're 2 different email a/c's in the mail. Could you please suggest me how to copy the particular mailbox! then i can delete mail a/c's.

cheers

4. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

Have you tried following my steps? I did this same thing a week ago when I was removing an old email account I no longer use.

Just select the emails from one account and drag to this newly creat "mailbox" that I suggested above. Then delete the account. Now you will have 1 email account and you can just bring over the rest of the emails.. Or leave them where they are.