iMac memory request help

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Stelaris, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Stelaris macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I have a 27 inch iMac with an i3 and 58 something ATI card, it was bought 2010. I occasionally play games, namely SW:TOR right now and was looking to increase the memory on the iMac. Now, I know there were other memory threads here however I did not want to steal thunder away from the original poster and mine is simple.

I was looking at buying this: http://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/1333DDR3S08S/

That would get me to 8 gigs of memory which seems recommended for SW:ToR and has helped folks.

My question is two fold. A) Would that be a solid choice for RAM? IE, is there a better choice/selection for gaming? And B) Would that be the correct RAM to get? I obviously don't want to install new RAM and it mess things up. From my research it is, however I am still relatively new to Macs in general.

Thanks much for any help that can be provided. It is appreciated.

2. 184550, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012

184550 Guest

I put 16gb of OWC RAM in my Mid 2011 iMac about two weeks ago and it's been fantastic. No complaints at all.

I can't really speak to the gaming side though.

3. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Given that you list an i3 and 27" it should be an "Mid-2010" iMac which is listed as compatible by the vendor.

Specs also seem to fit so it should be o.k.

Not so sure about the price, paid 38.90Euro for mine (same spec different brand) and that included 19% german VAT.....

4. Stelaris thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it. I wanted to double check with others before making the purchase, I'm pretty sure OWC is more expensive than other places but I've had others who have had good experiences with them.