imac memory :????????

Discussion in 'iMac' started by basslik, Feb 22, 2008.

1. basslik macrumors member

just bought 2 gigs of patriot ddr2 pc 5300- so dimm
    model # psd211g66781s
    i installed it and it started up fine, but then i was unplugging my external firewire drive, then right after that the screen freaked out (square tiles) and the computer got stuck.
    well i shut it down , and it would not restart"
    so i pulled the new memory out and stuck the old memory in it, and it restarted fine, so i shut it down again and stuck the new memory back in it and it seems fine, not sure if it was the new memory ? or when i unplugged the firewire drive right after?
    in any case is this memory good, or should i spend a little more and get a better brand?
    and does anyone have this brand model# memory, and have any issues?
    i plan on running pro tools for audio recording and want to make sure i don't get shut down during a recording session

2. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Perhaps the DIMM wasn't properly seated the first time around. If it booted up properly and in System Profiler it says "OK" next to the listing for the RAM I think you'll be fine. If you're really worried you can run Memtest OS X.

3. basslik thread starter macrumors member

thank you so muck sushi.
    i will test it like you said.
    i just want to make sure when i record a client using pro tools it doesn't crash on me.

4. basslik thread starter macrumors member

sushi, i see your a musician. do you have a site where i can listen to your music?, also do you record on your imac?