Imac mid 2007 AHT error code

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Roadking714, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Roadking714 macrumors regular

Running Imac mid 2007 24 inch computer puts itself to sleep so I ran AHT and error code 4SNS/1/ 40000000: Tp0P-105.789 not sure what it means need help if any will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

That's an error code, for a temp sensor on the AC/DC power supply. If that sensor is not connected properly, then the CPU fan will run at high speed.

Is the iMac just going to sleep (with the sleep light on the front slowly blinking), or does it actually turn power off (no lights or fans) - with that error code for a temp sensor, I expect that you have a failing AC-DC power supply.

3. Roadking714 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for replying. IMAC shuts down or goes to sleep then I would move mouse or press power button then desktop screen turns on then back to sleep mode...it only does this when computer is hot. When running AHT for 3 hours computer stayed on with no problems but once desktop started up it will go into sleep mode

----------

It only does this when computer is hot or on for awhile

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

If your iMac is getting too hot, it will shut down (power off), and not just sleep.
    Make sure that your Energy Saver settings do not sleep your iMac. (set that for "Never") That will make sure that your iMac is not just going to sleep after being idle.
    The iMac won't go to sleep during the AHT, because that test bypasses any software settings.

Check that the CPU cooling vent is clear.
    That's the small round opening under the hinge in back, directly above the mains power connection.

That model of iMac had a problem with the internal power harness that would cause intermittent shut down. Again, not just sleep, but complete shut down. The fix for that was replacing the internal power harness - quite a job!

5. Roadking714 thread starter macrumors regular

I have it set to never sleep, and also checked cpu cooling vent imac still shuts down when hot, notice when room temperature is about 73 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit computer shuts down a lot quicker as to oppose to being around 65 degrss Fahrenheit and just surfing the web it stays on for longer period of time... So from code AHT gave it is not the AC DC power supply but Internal power harness?

6. Roadking714 thread starter macrumors regular

7. Roadking714 thread starter macrumors regular

8. Roadking714 thread starter macrumors regular

Each time came back with error code Tp0P but ending numbers were different. Ran it 3 time to times were extended and 1 quick test

9. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

No
    The AHT error indicates a sensor which is in the AC/DC power supply.
    When I rechecked the service manual, I realized that I mentioned the wiring harness incorrectly, and I would go with the likelihood of a faulty AC/DC power supply. That should be Apple's part number 661-4478 (if you need it)
    Found one here: http://www.amazon.com/Intel-iMac-24-Power-Supply/dp/B004Q5U7US

10. Roadking714 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok seen a video on this hopefully it's a easy fix. Thank you and I appreciate your help and feedback