iMac mid-2010 Vengeance RAM - 1067 ???

Discussion in 'iMac' started by booga007, Jul 19, 2012.

1. booga007 macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I've been reading for a while, and this seems to be a great resource, so I hope I can find the info I need this time.

I've done a search and while the topic of Vengeance ram comes up a bit it seems no-one has had my issue specifically.

I have a mid-2010 iMac i3 3.06 (iMac11,2), and recently purchased 4 x 4gb sticks of Vengeance Ram CMSX4GX3M1A1600C9, and it registers that I have 16Gb of ram installed, and I understand with the i3 it should only clock to 1333mhz, however it only comes up as 1067mhz... less than ideal... but I figured this was due to the fact the ram is stated as that it can under-clock automatically to the system requirements.

Now, I'm quite proficient in the PC world, but not so much in the mac world, and I know there isn't a 'BIOS' but is there ANY way to tell my iMac to run at 1333mhz instead??

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. tyche macrumors 6502

First off I'm going to say that the speed difference between the two will be unnoticeable. You're not losing 300mhz or anything like that. 1066 vs 1333 especially in an iMac is a wash.

I think it could be the memory isn't supported iMac want pc3-10600 so it's auto defaulting to the low speed. Or maybe one of the dimm is faulty. You could try pulling them out one at a time and see if the speed goes up.