Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robi1974

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2013
Hello,
Can somebody tell me please from where can i buy the two led bars and the controller cables for the display backlight? I have some broken leds.
Thank You

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Your best bet would likely be eBay or perhaps iFixit.com has some sources for parts.

macthefork

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2013
This Link from iFixit might help.

Also, this link from Apple Discussions could possibly help. Look at the post from Nicholas.

And, here's another possibly helpful link at the Apple Discussions board.

The above links discuss everything from repairing cold solder joints to placing pressure on certain parts of the display to correct it.

It seems that unless you want to remove and replace individual LEDs on the bar, a full panel replacement is what's usually done if the panel actually needs replacement. Many times it doesn't

OPiña

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2013
Hello,
Can somebody tell me please from where can i buy the two led bars and the controller cables for the display backlight? I have some broken leds.
Thank You

Hi Robi: Did you found the led bars? Mine has the same problem and I got not options where to buy them from. I'd appreciate your answer.:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.