Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M0E

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
Hi guys! I have a macbook pro but I heard that getting a moniter or two will speed up my work. How much is a imac moniter? Lowest inch btw. & can I connect my macbook pro to the moniter or any moniter as a matter of fact with only the moniter and the macbook pro & the connecting cable?

And when I connect the laptop to the moniter{s} how can I use one program with my macbook and another on the macbook pro without them interfering with each other?

And I've got a wireless mouse and keyboard so can I connect them to the moniter and use them without them interfering with my macbook pro?

Sorry for the questions :eek: And if this is the wrong place to post just let me know ^_^

calearne

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2013
United States
I'm not sure about splitting your programs in half but, In my opinion, the Dell S series monitors would be best.

They have tilt functions, hdmi input ports, and glossy IPS screens.

S2240L 21.5" monitor.

S2340L 23" monitor.

M0E

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
Ok. Can I connect my macbook pro to just a moniter? I mean do I have to buy the charger & such?

fig

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2012
Austin, TX
The display you're connecting it to will need to be plugged into the wall, if that's your question.

I don't know of any battery powered displays but there may be some out there.

M0E

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
Umm what's the current most cheapest but like will look OK when connected to my mac book pro? I've got an HDMI cable if that works and 2.5GHz Intel Core i5 processor. I run both mac and windows on my mac. My mac consists of 30% of my total ram = roughly 350MB and 84% of the space and my windows consists of 20% = roughly 150MB and 77% of the space is free is that helps.

And don't really want a big display. 13 inch moniter is fine. Can you guys recommend some cheap but effective 13-15 inch moniters?

EDIT: Do I have to spend a lot on the moniter & charger?

Stooby Mcdoobie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
Any monitor will work. I'm partial to ASUS - reasonably priced and good build quality.

As someone already said, the monitor will come with its own power supply (if that's what you mean by 'charger').

M0E

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
What's the cheapest moniter a dude can get? Like really really cheap.

fig

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2012
Austin, TX
No idea, haven't ever looked for one extremely cheap. I'd just search on amazon and find one with decently positive reviews.

I recently got a 23" AOC display for $169 on amazon.

M0E

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2013
Ok here's another question:

If I buy a crap moniter but I have a hdmi cable will the screen look exactly like my mac? Like very clear and everything? And is it possible to connect my mac to a crap moniter using a hdmi cable?

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
Ok here's another question:

If I buy a crap moniter but I have a hdmi cable will the screen look exactly like my mac? Like very clear and everything? And is it possible to connect my mac to a crap moniter using a hdmi cable?

if you buy a crap monitor, when you connect to your computer, the screen will magically appear flawless and viewable from every possible angle.

seriously dude, how about use some common sense that seems to be really lacking here. if you buy a crappy screen, do you really think its going to look "awesome"? just do a search for crappy monitor and buy it and tell us how it looks.

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
ok here's another question:

If i buy a crap moniter but i have a hdmi cable will the screen look exactly like my mac? Like very clear and everything? And is it possible to connect my mac to a crap moniter using a hdmi cable?

the word is monitor

To answer your question, the screen quality will not necessarily be the same as the iMac. A cable does not dictate what the screen looks like, normally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.