iMac Mouse and Keyboard after standby problem

Discussion in 'iMac' started by reclusive46, Mar 5, 2013.

1. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

Hi guys,
    I'm having a bit of a problem with my 21.5inch late 2012 iMac. When I turn on my iMac from standby the wireless keyboard and trackpad doesn't work for about 40 seconds after and then they light up and it works. The bizarre thing is I can wake up the iMac with the mouse and keyboard. This also only happens if its been on standby for more than a few minutes as well. If I put it on standby and wake it up straight away they will work fine.

My plugged in mouse works straight away after wakeup.

This problem only recently started happening. Does anyone have any suggested fix?

2. Serban Suspended

So if you wake up your imac with your keyboard or mouse does they work? and if you wake up from the on/off/sleep button doesn't work for 30 sec?

3. reclusive46 thread starter macrumors 65816

reclusive46

No. They still not work for 30 seconds but the iMac will still wake up by me using the trackpad or keyboard.

4. Serban Suspended

when you put to sleep you let magic mouse on?

5. reclusive46 thread starter macrumors 65816

reclusive46

I don't have a magic mouse but my trackpad and keyboard are not turned off.

6. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Same issue here. I found if I kept the batteries new in the keyboard, then no issue. But having to change the batteries all the time became a pain. Went back to wired keyboard & magic mouse and have no issues at all. Now I don't have to keep batteries fresh. I do believe I read somewhere that some keyboards do go to sleep as well and take time to wake up. Not sure this applies to your case, as it only recently started happening for you. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

7. Serban Suspended

yes i test it last night, and my magic mouse recognize if my macbook air go off or to sleep, and the magic mouse led is off as well during this time,