iMac mouse left click sometimes unresponsive?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by AppleFanBoy91, Apr 25, 2014.

1. AppleFanBoy91 macrumors newbie

Before you say it's the mouse, it isn't.

Randomly, when the iMac has been asleep for a while, or sometimes even when you're in the middle of doing something, the left click stops working. Right clicking works fine, but left clicking does nothing. My mouse worked fine until I got OS X 10.9.2- could it be some kind of glitch? The battery level on the mouse is fine, around 62%. What's going on?

Thanks for the help.

2. Chippy99 macrumors 6502a

A broken mouse? Just a wild stab in the dark, like.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

If you say it's not the mouse then you already tried setting the primary button on the right to check, correct?

4. AppleFanBoy91 thread starter macrumors newbie

As I've said, it happens randomly, which makes me think it isn't the mouse. Another thing I forgot to mention- I can move the cursor everywhere still, and when I hover over the dock (I have magnification on) it magnifies normally, then freezes and stays like that. The right click still works, and I can restart the system still. This is why I am thinking it's more of a glitch in the system.

5. WilliamG macrumors 604

Here's a thought... Try a different mouse for a while and see if it still happens?

6. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

Sometimes USB 3.0 devices can interfere with the bluetooth mouse, especially if they are using cheap poorly shielded cables. If you have any USB 3.0 devices plugged into your iMac, you might try running without them for awhile to see if the mouse issues continues.