iMac new Keyboard Question

Discussion in 'iMac' started by intz2nu, Nov 24, 2015.

1. intz2nu macrumors 6502

intz2nu

Well since the release of the newer rechargeable keyboards and mouse I'm wanting to upgrade my current but was curious if there's any protectors out yet for the keyboard given the new layout in the keys or is it still in the works by whatever makers out there?

2. zhaoxin macrumors regular

I don't use keyboard protecters. But you should notice that your new keyboard and mouse are not covered by apple care as the keyboard and mouse that comes with you iMac are.

I contacted the apple online service, the one in apple said that the apple care only covers the router you bought from apple, not keyboard and mouse.

3. intz2nu thread starter macrumors 6502

intz2nu

Not too concerned about what and what Apple Care covers just wanting a keyboard protector to protect the keyboard from getting dust inbetween the keys etc etc. Cleaning it thoroughly can be a bit of a pain overtime. As soon as I can find a keyboard protector for the newer keyboard I'll definitely upgrade mine but I take it that given the newly released keyboard is still a bit new that no one has made a protector for it as of yet?