iMac new screen burn-in

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Toreddo, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Toreddo macrumors member

Hi everyone,

I have mid-2013 27" iMac. About two months ago my display stopped working and I brought it to the apple store. Luckily I was still under warranty and they replaced it.

However, since two weeks I am starting to see my screen burn-in. When i work with dark applications i see other applications I just used, burned in my screen, when I reboot my mac I see the applications I used on my login screen.

Could this have anything to do with the repair? Or is it an unfortunate coincidence and is something else broken maybe?

Thanks!

2. Rud3Bwoy Suspended

Rud3Bwoy

maybe just bad lucky return it

3. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

It sounds like the replacement panel is suffering from some image retention issue and is most likely not a result of some other issue with the iMac. Are you able to post some photos for us?

In any case, it sounds like the display needs to be replaced yet again. Where are you located? If you're in the US you may be eligible for an Apple Certified Technician to come to your location to replace the screen instead of having to lug it back and forth to an Apple Store. You can call the AppleCare phone number and speak to a rep to explain the situation and potentially schedule an in-home service.

Otherwise it is time to pay the Apple Store another visit to show them and explain the situation.