Imac next update?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Hing, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Hing macrumors regular

Do you think the imac for 1199 will have quad core in next update? If so im willing to wait 6 more months for it. As you know 3.06 ghz was $2000 and now the 21.5 inch imac have 3.06ghz for $1199. I know i might sound dumb, buT plz be nice. I had always been a pc and wanting to convert to mac.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Who knows, I imagine that the low-end will stagger with non quad-core chips for at least one more update. Anything, and anything, is (pure) speculation.

4. psingh01 macrumors 65816

Eventually yes. In 6 months? I would bet no, but that is just me speculating.

5. HBOC macrumors 68020

maybe this time next year... you have looked at the main page of MacRumors, correct? now i may just be too drunk, but Nehalem (which is named after a city in the GREAT state of Oregon, which I have been too:) that Intel named their processor after) hasn't made its' way into anything in the Apple line, other than the Mac Pro, and the Nehalem is better then the i7.

If I was a bettin' man, I would say you are totally safe going with the new iMacs. If you are always waiting for the next updates, you WILL never own a Mac, or computer for that matter...

6. ivnj macrumors 65816

Well I just got the email today from apple so looks new imacs have finally arrived.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. The new iMacs aren't even out a day, and the OP is asking about the next iMac update.:rolleyes:

8. HBOC macrumors 68020

he even has 70 posts...still oblivious..

9. Hing thread starter macrumors regular

I would of buy it without a doubt if it was quad core. the $2000 price tag is too much. Simliar spec pc wouldnt had cost that much, but i really want a imac. Damn it

10. HBOC macrumors 68020

why are you on a Mac forum. If you had a Mac, you would've known an equivalent PC of the same specs was less money???? ...!!!

11. RogueVasion macrumors regular

RogueVasion

Really...its hasn't even been a day since the new lineup released and we have found our winner (already asking about the next update).

Go call Apple and find out for me. ;)

12. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

That's :apple: fanboyism for yah.. :D

13. HBOC macrumors 68020

my brothers' girlfriend lives in the same neighborhood as Steve Jobs, maybe I could find out some info... (her dad worked with Steve at NeXT

14. Hing thread starter macrumors regular

Duo core 3.06 processor it self cost more than the i5 right? I might just take the hit and buy the duo core.

15. greg555 macrumors 6502a

You could buy a refurb 20 or 24" once Apple starts clearing them out and then use it for 9 or 15 months until they move the quad cores into lower iMacs. Then sell it and upgrade to the latest. That way you can have an iMac right away.

Greg

16. triscuitbiscuit macrumors member

Ummm... Nehalem is the i7, so how can it be better?

17. DipDog3 macrumors 65816

DipDog3

Seriously, I don't think that was necessary. The kid was asking a semi-legit question.

By the time the low end iMac has quad core, the high end with have Octo cores or something much better & that won't be this year.

18. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

FWIW, you could end up waiting and waiting for what you want.

Now you want quad core. But then may want to wait for 8 core.

If the current iMac would do what you need, get it. Enjoy it. Who knows, what the future holds.

Your life can change in 6 months. :)

19. psingh01 macrumors 65816

This is true. I wanted an 8core Mac Pro, but when they came out I felt they were too expensive. So no I'm waiting for a 16 core lol....

20. johnrs macrumors 6502a

some people :rolleyes: