Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cracker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Well I'm still relatively new to these forums, just been a long time lurker. But to the point, I purchased my first mac 1 week ago. Needless to say I am impressed. I picked up a fully loaded 3.06 24'' Imac minus the the ram. Fired the bad boy up, and to this point have found zero problems with it. No gradient issues, no overheating, as quite as possibly can be. Figured i'd give someone else hope, considering all the negative threads that have been filling up the forum. So, if you do pick one up, enjoy it, because i sure as hell am enjoying this one! Take it easy.

Trevor-

Hates

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
London, UK
Picked up my iMac 24" 3ghz just over two weeks ago and it's been the best two weeks of computing ever out of the past 21 years of using computers. No problems at... Hopefully I haven't jinked it ;)

tri3limited

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2008
London
Thanks alot for that... I'm all but set to get th 3.06 iMac, well once i finish a website job i've got going i should be minted enough for that :D

Nice to hear a good review for once, its only ever the bad ones yo hear about normally. The satisfied people are too happy with their product to tell people!!

Im also considering time capsule and a fw800 hdd to match as im primarily a video editor - bit of web dev on the side... any recommendations about those, especially time capsule? what are the transfer speeds like for say a 4gb file, or something large?

gehrbox

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2007
Charleston,SC
Well I'm still relatively new to these forums, just been a long time lurker. But to the point, I purchased my first mac 1 week ago. Needless to say I am impressed. I picked up a fully loaded 3.06 24'' Imac minus the the ram. Fired the bad boy up, and to this point have found zero problems with it. No gradient issues, no overheating, as quite as possibly can be. Figured i'd give someone else hope, considering all the negative threads that have been filling up the forum. So, if you do pick one up, enjoy it, because i sure as hell am enjoying this one! Take it easy.

Coming to this forum is like opening the complaint box at work. It looks bad, but remember that Apple sells a ton of iMacs. What you see in this site is a small percentage of people that are looking for help to solve a problem or some that have had a bad experience and want to vent. Many times the problem is not the computer, its the user, the users network or environment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.