iMac not displaying white/grey correctly

Discussion in 'iMac' started by shaunyness, Mar 24, 2015.

1. shaunyness macrumors newbie

My iMac (24 inch Mid 2007) doesn't seem to be displaying white/grey correctly. I have tried adjusting brightness/contrast, calibrated and re-calibrated the display settings but nothing seems to work.

If you take a look at the attached image you'll probably see a greyish background - My monitor displays a pure white background. I work in graphic design so you can see how that might be a problem.

Interestingly, when I create a new user profile and log into it, the display settings are correct and I can see the grey. Has anyone come across this issue before or know which setting would be causing the issue?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

OS X Yosemite
    2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB

Attached Files:

2. kepler20b macrumors 6502

taking a screenshot isnt going to work, you'll need to show us a photo of the display.

Seperately, theres not much help for you unfortunately. your display is very old now and it is running up to the accepted lifespan of pixels, especially if it has been under heavy use. no amount of calibrating is going to change it, the pixel is just damaged and losing its ability to display colors.