Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

littlelarry33

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2007
My current iMac 17 intel 2.0ghz was in the apple store in for repairs for over a month so I contacted apple and they are sending me a new one (I would get a free upgrade to the aluminum). The order was placed on Oct. 1 and I have a order number and it says ships within 24 hours. The thing is, it has been almost 2 weeks. About a week ago I emailed to ask a question about what I should ship back and got a response within 8 hours. The last email I sent thursday, I inquired about why it was not shipping, and still have yet to get a response. Does this possibly mean that new ones are coming and I'm lined up to get one and apple doesn't know what to tell me?

EDIT: I had a message on my phone and apparently there was a "delay" put on all iMacs

littlelarry33

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2007
The funny thing was that I sent an email and I got a phone call in return, from the tone in the voice it seemed as if they knew something and were holding out and they said they'd send an email immediately when there was an update.

gr81mgbgt

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2008
What do you mean you got a phone call? All iMacs are delayed? Are they? I don't think they are.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
if they are all delayed, then your gonna be waiting until at least next tuesday for it to ship. no way they are coming out tomorrow.... if you get a brand new model your a lucky dude.

majorLEMONHEAD

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2009
bestbuy

The 3 Ghz iMac is no longer available on the best buy website and all the other iMacs are not available for shipping. Only 2 left on Amazon. So maybe tomorrow

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.