Imac Not Working At All! Need Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by beeinformed, Mar 5, 2011.

1. beeinformed macrumors 6502

Hi All!

My 24 inch refurbushed imac computer that I bought from Apple recently, is not working at all. I press the power button in the back of the computer to start up the imac and nothing is going on the screen.

I do not know anything about the hardware or software components of the Imac computer and before I contact an Apple technician, I would appreciate any advice on what to do with this situation.

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue!.

2. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Make sure it's plugged in, both to the wall outlet and the back of the iMac.
    Make sure the ac outlet has power to it.
    Depress the power button just momentarily, don't hold it down for a long period.
    If nothing else, it is still under warranty. It could be a victim of "infant mortality".
    Best of luck with it!

3. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

I agree. I've seen it many times where on the back of the iMac the rubber boot on the power cord is not fully inserted making for a bad connection.

4. beeinformed thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi!

Thank you guys for the information you gave me. Unfortunately, my vision is not great and I did not realize that the power cord was not fully inserted and that was the reason why my imac was not working.

I feel like a dunderhead for not realizing this! Thanks again for your help! :)

5. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Glad it was an easy fix!
    Now have some fun with it. :)