iMac now Haswell?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by lapino, Oct 23, 2013.

1. lapino macrumors regular

Thinking about getting a new desktop. Have two iPads at home, Mac Mini as htpc, ordered the new iPad Air and getting an iPhone from work soon too. So I think it would be pretty nice to have an iMac as 'work' computer too. Do the 27" iMacs already have the Haswell cpu's like the new Macbook Pro's?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

iMacs were refreshed a little while ago (end of sept), so yeah they have haswell

3. lapino thread starter macrumors regular

still deciding between the 27" model or the new Macbook Pro 15". The laptop seems a better deal for the same price, but that 27" screen sure looks nice.

4. Spudhead macrumors member

If you need portability, obviously get the MacBook. If not, get the iMac with that glorious 27" display.

5. pavl macrumors newbie

:(
    This, I've had a MBP for my last three computers and this fall got my first iMac since I found I really wasn't using my MBP for portability and used my iPad/phone when I was out and about. I think there's a bit of a leap in performance for sacrificing the mobility.

6. Tjosansa macrumors regular

Tjosansa

Since i got my iPad a couple of years ago i have no need for a laptop anymore..
    So i went iMac 27" big inches :)

I actually got a laptop from my work here athome. But i hardly ever use it..
    I rather use my own quality stuff to get things done :)

7. Bluebros macrumors regular

Yeah... my new 27" iMac is a thing of beauty! I will never go back! If you are going the iMac route, you won't go wrong with the 27" display. Love it!

8. Bear macrumors G3

Why does the MacBook Pro seem like a better deal to you? Using a 27" screen for daily use is nice.