iMac now or in '09 +other q's

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by firetree, Oct 27, 2008.

  1. firetree macrumors newbie

    Oct 27, 2008
    OK so I am planning on buying a

    24" iMac
    3.06ghz intel core 2 duo processor
    2x2 gigs 800Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
    500GB serial ata drive
    NVIDIA 8800 GS W/512MB GDDR3
    Final cut express preinstalled.

    Now my first question is would it be better to buy this iMAC now or wait till Jan '09? does anybody know if there is gonna be a new iMac coming out soon or a new version of iLife('09 maybe) and if there is will it be out by January or should I just buy now?
  2. Le Big Mac macrumors 68030

    Le Big Mac

    Jan 7, 2003
    Washington, DC

    No one knows. there's only speculation.

    The speculation, which you can find discussed in other threads is:

    1) New imacs in November?
    2) New iMacs at Macworld in Jan.?
    3) New iMacs sometime in late winter after MacWorld.

    Take your pick, no matter how long you wait, there's always the potential that anew one willbe released right afte ryou purchase.
  3. blueicedj macrumors 6502

    Jul 11, 2007
    I'd just wait. It's always better to buy at the beginning of a cycle than at the end of it, or else you might get buyers remorse when the new ones hit the shelves. They should bump the specs soon though, most likely in January.
  4. The Hammer macrumors 6502

    The Hammer

    Jun 19, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Agreed. Wait until January and see what's up then.

Share This Page