Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mark Morb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
Norfolk
Well I rang Applecare UK yesterday as I was not happy with the "Humming/Droning" sounds from my iMac. They said they would arrange to come and get it for repair. Half an hour later the courier company rang and at 11:30am this morning they came and picked it up (slightly concerned by the fact I didn't have to sign anything and they gave me nothing to say they had taken it).

So far, So good (apart from being without iMac). Was also told that it wil be returned within 10 working days.

Only one thing concerning me at the moment and that is the fact the Repair Status online says "Service delayed by customer", not quite sure what that means!!

Now just got to hope they don't decide that nothing is wrong and send it straight back...anyone who has had the Humming issue will know how really annoying it is...

BlakTornado

Apr 24, 2007
Washington, OH
If it's delayed by you then... not trying to panic you... but first thing springs to mind is that they don't know you've sent it...

maybe ring up and check with the courrier?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.