Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jennysbelly

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
I really was going to wait for the first reviews, but I was stressing myself out. Intel vs. G5, Rosetta, I'm giving myself an ulcer. It's a computer!!! So I bought the 20" iMac (intel) with Applecare stock, and will put more RAM in it when I get it.

Thanks,
Jenny

bodeh6

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
Did you go for the 256MB of VRAM? I think it is worth whether you game or not. It will extend the life of your system.

jennysbelly

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
mad jew said:
Nice work, Intel was a good decision. Is it your first Mac? :)

I have a powerbook g3 (pismo) and then had a windows desktop. (I let my father convince me that Windows were better in terms of software). 3 hard drive crashes and a lost of many photos (thank god for my 30GB ipod or we would have had to reinstall all of our music), I decided to go back to Mac.

I ordered it completely stock. I wanted to be able to return it if there are really bad reviews (although I don't think there will be) and I wanted it fast. I don't know much about the computers -- maybe I should have upgraded the graphics card. I plan to buy a 1GB stick of RAM however. Should I do crucial or are there other good manufacturers?

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
Congrats on the new iMac! As for RAM upgrades... yes, Crucial is an excellent company to go with. I have a 1GB stick from Transcend in my PowerBook G4 and its been great, and cheap too! Head on over to newegg.com and check out their memory selection. Be sure to list the items as Best Rating. That should help you out. Oh and make sure it's compatible RAM!

Edit: Here you go... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ce=&MaxPrice=&SubCategory=147&Submit=Property

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.