iMac or Macbook Help Please

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Nintendolinky, May 20, 2009.

1. Nintendolinky macrumors 6502

Hello, i have a issue. I currently have a Aluminum 20" iMac (specs below), what i would like to know is it worth it trade it for a polycarbonate macbook (specs below), answers welcome and thanks for any help

iMac 20" Specs:
    Core 2 Duo (T7300)
    Processor Speed: 2.0 GHz
    Ram: 2.0GHz Speed: 667MHz
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT graphics processor with 128 MB of GDDR3 video memory.
    Hard Drive: 250 GB (7200 RPM)

Macbook Specs:
    Shell: Polycarbonate, White
    Core 2 Duo (T8300)
    Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
    Ram: 2.0GHz Speed: 800MHz
    Video Card: Intel GMA X3100
    VRAM Type: Integrated
    Hard Drive 160 GB (5400 RPM)

Will there be a positive or negative difference in conducting this trade, I wanted to get an aluminum model but if this will be okay then its fine. The macbook is 3 months old. I want to trade my imac as i have just finished university and no longer need such a large computer. Thanks for all help :)

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Fair trade I would say. The MacBook's HD can always be upgraded to a 7200RPM one to get more of a desktop feel but overall they are fairly similar. How much RAM does each one have? Is it 2GB?

3. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

tough call...

I do not know this for sure, but I thought the 2.4GHz Processor was only made for the Uni Alu MacBook, and the MacBookPro.

...I could be wrong, but this is what I remember - A couple years back when I purchased my BlackBook, I was looking for the 2.4GHz Processor in a MacBook, and at the time, it was only offered in a MBPro.

You sure these specs are 100% correct???

Anyways, your question is very hard to answer...I would ask for pics and such before trading. A laptop could have easily been dropped, spilled on, etc. You are in a tough position. The white MacBook is great, but it all depends on the condition it is in, even if it is just 3 months old.

CrackBookPro:cool:

4. Nintendolinky thread starter macrumors 6502

It is a 2.4 macbook as i have seen the "about this mac" screen, in pictures he gave me. Both the iMac and Macbook have 2 GB ram. Is is a okay deal or should i just keep what i have got.

5. JoeDRC macrumors 6502

Early 08 MBs had a 2.4ghz processor on the high end white model and blackbook

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP5

6. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I would get a refurb white MB with the nvidia 9400 or a new one from Microcenter with $150 rebate.

It's cheaper, has decent graphics and is portable and can be connected to color LCD anytime.

Cheers,

7. Nintendolinky thread starter macrumors 6502

Well i presume all macbooks are portable, also have you got to buy applecare the moment you buy the macbook to get the student discount on it.