iMac or MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by nameste, Jun 7, 2017.

1. nameste macrumors regular

Sorry to bother but I can't decide what to do.I returned 3 15.4" 2016 MacBook Pros (maxed out specs with 1tb ssd )due to several reasons like ,dead pixel,screen uniformity etc. and I see iMac has less problems and if I chose I will buy the 27" maxed out CPU, 1tb or 2tb ssd ,8gb ram(will add 16gb) on the other hand I got a pc ( 5960x,16gb ram,gtx 980sli,512gb nvme ssd ). I will also buy iPad 10.5 . I really can't decide should I get the 2017mbp (maxed out with 1tb ssd) or the iMac which one will suit me more?

2. Falcon80 macrumors 6502

Do you ever need to bring out your machine? If so, Macbook Pro is only option.

3. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

If the iPad will cover your portability needs, then get the iMac and enjoy the larger 5K display, extra power. If not, get the MacBook Pro. It's a simple decision to make and both are priced similarly.

That being said, the iMacs are not free of display quality issues either.

4. nameste thread starter macrumors regular

I am really curious about the 5k display but not sure how it will look inside 27" and yea I think you are right iMac also has problems
    I move to summer house on summer and may be 2 or 3 times to holiday every year inside my country also would like to know can I upgrade the ssd myself?

5. deany macrumors 68030

deany

The external displays you can get nowadays make a rMBP + 4K display more compelling than a iMac but for certain functions and industries an iMac is 1st choice.

6. nameste thread starter macrumors regular

That also a good idea, currently have Asus pg348q(2k) and mx27aq (2k).btw anybody know if I can run the mbp(amd580) @100hz connected to pg348q with USB c to DisplayPort cable?