iMac or MacBook? Wait or not? Help!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ManuelGnR, Nov 10, 2008.

?

What should I do?

1. Buy an iMac now

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Buy an iMac when it's updated

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buy a MacBook now

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManuelGnR macrumors regular

I really don't know what to do.

My options:

A) Buy an iMac now
    B) Buy an iMac when it's updated
    c) Buy a MacBook now (Later a screen)

What I am going to do:
    - Dowload
    - Music, music music! =)
    - Movies
    - Maybe some 3D building creating stuff, I now use the free Google SketchUp program..
    - I would like to connect my electric guitar to it, and play on amps I can download or whatever, so plug the guitar in.
    - Some light stuff like MSN, poker, internet, text stuff (mostly for school) etc.

The iMac would be:
    20'', the cheapest model, with:
    2 or 4 GB
    wireless Mouse

The MacBook would be:
    The Cheapest Model, with:
    - Remote Control stuff, so I can control my music from anywhere in the room
    - Maybe after a while an extra lcd monitor and/or mouse/keyboard. Already got wireless (black) mouse and keyboard, not that great quality.

I would love an iMac because: The screen, cool for movies and cool because you have space.

I would love a MacBook because: The Portability ofcourse. Take it on the couch, take it downstairs, even better couch, take it to school, and I'd love to take it with me on vacation. As long as it don't get stolen. But I got to admit, I don't think I'd take it to school to often, and not very much on the couch either. But I would sometimes..

-> I also have an CRT 17'' LG monitor. Could be connected to a MacBook I Think (With that adapter stuff).

The problem is, the iMac I think is what I need. I just can't wait that long, although I know I should. But I would love the MacBook too, but just don't need the portability that much..

2. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

There are a lot of threads on this. Search please. Or check out the guides for a quick answer.

And it looks like your other thread is beaming with answers and help. Whats the point of this thread and the other two?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.