Imac or Macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kitch95, Oct 26, 2008.

1. kitch95 macrumors regular

kitch95

Hi
    I am going to upgrade my old Pc to a mac soon and i cant choose between the 2.4ghz 20" iMac or the 2.0ghz aluminum macbook.

I would be using it mainly for internet, itunes, a bit of video editing, and school work. I was just wondering what your thoughts would be.

2. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

Theres not alot we can say, it depends if you prefer portability or a large screen size really. Best of both = macbook and an external monitor if possible.

3. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

i'd say it depends whether you want portability and on-the-go kind of thing or power and big eye candy on your desk

its really on what you want to do with it. like if your traveling a lot then macbook but if your a home user or whatever imac but its really up to preferance cant really compare a laptop with a desktop

if it was laptop-laptop or desktop-desktop then yes start the comparing :D

4. MurphyM macrumors 6502

school work as in college? If I were in college I'd almost definitely want the notebook. High school? I'd want the iMac. Keep it safely at home!

Video editing: If it were Final Cut I'd want the big screen. iMovie can get by with a little screen.

5. kitch95 thread starter macrumors regular

kitch95

in leaning towards the macbook and the new apple led cinema display

6. rowlands macrumors newbie

I absolutely adore my 24" iMac, the screen is awesome and in a fantastic position, no more neck ache. However its portability is not great, when I bought it, I was kinda hoping that I would need to travel so much.

Right now I'm thinking the way to go is the 2.4ghz MacBook with that gorgeous 24" display. The best of both worlds, a huge fantastic display on the desk, and yet the portability of a 13" laptop. Of course you don't have to get an Apple monitor.

7. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

8. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

If you need portability the macbook is the better choice. If you don't then the imac is the better choice.