iMac or Mpb 15"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by quadcoreguy, Feb 19, 2011.

1. quadcoreguy macrumors member

heyy guys i"m in high school and i'm stuck between a 27inch imac (non quadcore) and a 15 inch base model mbp. I have an ipad that i do some assignments on (pages, keynote etc) but i know the limitations of it. I'm gonna using the mac for photo editing, heavy internet browsing, music and alot of microsoft office. i cant justify spending that much on the mbp when i can spend less and get better specs with the imac :D Help is reallly appreciated thanksss guysssss

2. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

iMac + iPad is one of the best combos. I'd recommend you to get the iMac and use iPad for portability. 27 inch screen would be great for browsing, photo/video editing etc. It is also powerful which will last for a long time. MBP is for portability, get it if only if you need it. iPad will replace any computer for daily stuff and hence MBP will be on desk most of the time. So, no point getting MBP. Hope this helps.

3. quadcoreguy thread starter macrumors member

4. bniu macrumors 6502a

i'd get iMac 27" if you're relatively stable in one location. I have an iMac 24" at home that I really loved, but I ended up having to travel for my job and had to go buy a MBP to use one the road. Can't wait for the day I'm stable again, and I can go back to using an iMac.

5. quadcoreguy thread starter macrumors member

Yeah the iMac seems to me like more of a powerhouse especially the 1tb hard drive. Really don't want to carry a HDD around with me if I got the . Thanks :)

6. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

My setup is the 17-inch MBP with a cinema display and kb and mouse. This means that when I am at home, I get the iMac experience and when I am on-the-go I still get just an amazing experience. But considering you are on a budget it probably wouldn't be possible.

7. quadcoreguy thread starter macrumors member

Yeahh and I won't wanna lug around something so heavy to school as there's tons of stairs to climb :D thanks anywayss for the replyy I might just wait till the mbp and imac refreshes come along and possibly get the best bang for my buck :D

8. quadcoreguy thread starter macrumors member

Yeah the iMac seems to me like more of a powerhouse especially the 1tb hard drive. Really don't want to carry a HDD around with me if I got the mbp . Thanks :)