Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleJackie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Just wondering, if you had the choice of getting the 27" iMac or Thunderbolt display (hooked up to a MBA), which would you prefer. Although, there isn't that much of a difference, I think I like the looks of the iMac better because of the bezel.
Care to share your opinion?

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Just wondering, if you had the choice of getting the 27" iMac or Thunderbolt display (hooked up to a MBA), which would you prefer. Although, there isn't that much of a difference, I think I like the looks of the iMac better because of the bezel.
Care to share your opinion?

I would prefer the one with a desktop quad core CPU and a discreet GPU, i.e. the iMac.

HurryKayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
I suppose i'd take a Cinema Led display ,the one without Thunderbolt port and then the laptop.
Don't need a discrete Gpu to work with my Mac,for gaming i'll link to the Cinema an Xbox or a Pc Gaming Rig.
The best of both worlds.

AppleJackie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
More Specific

I probably should have been a bit more specific. :)
Aside from performance or price what monitor/ display looks nicer to you? The one on an iMac (with grey bezel and larger apple logo), or the Thunderbolt display with the more discrete logo.

Last edited:

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Aesthetics wise, I prefer the ATD's ultra minimal design.

That said however, the iMac is still a beautiful looking machine. :)

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Well I have both (2011 iMac 27" with an ATD and a 2011 MBA 11").

Once Apple releases a Haswell-based 13" MBA next year, depending on how strong it is I may use it as my only computer (using Twelve South's Backpack to hang it off the back of the ATD) and sell the iMac without a replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.