iMac Order Question (Australia)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by djcorrosive, Dec 16, 2009.

1. djcorrosive macrumors regular

Hi guys! Just a quick question, (which im sure US or EU could answer possibly too)

I'm merely writing on behalf of my mother in law, who purchased a 27" iMac i7 through apple finance, She had just received a email of Order Acknowledgment.

But just a few question on something things even myself is unclear of.

1, It says Order Date: 10/12/2009, but then it says, Ships: 05/01/2010
    Delivers: 11/01/2010

2, What happens next? Will she recieve another e-mail with a tracking number? At the moment in the email she only has the web order number so W5773xxxx but nothing to track?

Is it once its actually shipped she will receive another email with a proper tracking ID number?

Thanks in advanced fellas.

2. Sir Cecil macrumors 6502a

I am in the USA. I ordered on Dec 8th and within minutes received an email with a time estimate of shipping on the 22nd and delivery on the 28th. I subsequently got a free upgrade to 2-day shipping when I protested (accurately) that they'd originally told me on the phone I'd receive it before Christmas.
    When the order was actually ready to ship, I received a full invoice with tracking number (and the unit's serial number). Happily, that happened much quicker than the original estimate: the order (iMac i7 with 2T dr) was actually shipped on the 14th and arrived yesterday (16th). Apple was much quicker than the original estimate, so hopefully your order might be swifter too.