iMac out, MacBook Pro in. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by joebrown84, Mar 9, 2012.

  1. joebrown84 macrumors newbie

    joebrown84

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2010
    Location:
    Norwich, UK
    #1
    I've been thinking of chopping my 2008 iMac 24", 3.06GHz, 500GB iMac in for a MacBook Pro for a couple of weeks and have tentatively listed the iMac on eBay with a reserve. I was just wondering what you guys thought about that?

    The main reason is portability. I'd prefer to do writing and web designing on the MacBook during long quiet shifts at work.

    I'm looking at a MacBook Pro 15", 2.4GHz, 750GB model.

    Thoughts, anyone?
     
  2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

    dukebound85

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2005
    Location:
    5045 feet above sea level
    #2
    if it suits your workflow do it!

    I personally went from my macbook to a windows desktop this last week. You need to balance my action out lol
     
  3. shootist macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2011
    #3
    Yeah that model is not worth the extra cash Apple wants for the minor upgrade from the 2.2 i7 model. The HDD is still the lame 5400RPM model and it only comes with the same amount of RAM, 4GBs. The VRAM is 1GB but do you need that extra VRAM for what you are doing?

    The difference in cost would be better spent on more RAM, 8GBs for under 50$, and a 7200RPM or 7200RPM Hybrid HDD. Or an SSD. Both upgrades done by you after you get the unit.
     
  4. joebrown84 thread starter macrumors newbie

    joebrown84

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2010
    Location:
    Norwich, UK
    #4
    You went from a Mac to Windows? I think you may need professional help.... ;)

    Do you know if there are any plans to release a new MacBook anytime soon? I don't want to take the plunge only for it to be an old model after a couple of months. And yes, I know I could search the endless forums for this info but thought I'd be a bit lazy.
     
  5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

    dukebound85

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2005
    Location:
    5045 feet above sea level
    #5
    That is why I sold my 09 MacBook so I could get the new one when it comes out hopefully soon. Though I am prepared to wait a few months for them to be updated
     

Share This Page