iMac Out of Stock on Apple.Com and Local Store

Discussion in 'iMac' started by AustinBW, Oct 20, 2018.

1. AustinBW macrumors newbie

It appears the iMac 27" 3.5GHz is out on Apple.com and my local Austin store with Delivery of 11/2/18. Could this be a sign of an iMac refresh at October 30, 2018 Event?

2. mreg376 macrumors 65816

mreg376

Just checked. It's in-stock on Apple.com. Delivery in 3 days. Usual 10 days for BTO.

3. AustinBW thread starter macrumors newbie

I went with the iMac 27" 3.5GHz w/2TB. Ships to store. Available Nov 2 at Apple Domain. Seems unlikely there is a 2TB Fusion Drive shortage. Although the 1TB and 3TB Fusion are still in stock. If memory serves me correctly, new Apple hardware availability come quicker to the stores than mobile devices, as the demand is not nearly as high. What are the chances that hardware announced on 10/30 will be available that Friday, 11/2 as Friday's are always the order day for new Apple product.

4. mreg376 macrumors 65816

mreg376

Well, that's the thing. When new machines are available the old ones immediately disappear as new purchases. So I would suspect there is no possible way you're going to order a current model and get shipped a new edition, if that's what you're asking.

5. AustinBW thread starter macrumors newbie

No. I think I was trying to use this to confirm there will be an iMac refresh at October event. The hope being they will be available on 11/2 for for anyone holding out for an iMac upgrade before purchasing, which I am.

6. mreg376 macrumors 65816

mreg376

7. cwanja macrumors 6502a

Mine shows as in stock in South Central US. BTO seems right on time. I would suspect them to start slipping closer to the end of the week. Still would not be a guarantee of a new iMac. They could keep selling up until the hour of the keynote when the Apple Store goes down.