iMac owners: Do you notice any "Ghosting issues"

Discussion in 'iMac' started by henry72, Oct 1, 2012.

1. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5455?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Please visit the link from Apple, it says all the IPS displays have "persistence," "image retention," or "ghosting" problems. My question is do you notice it?

I do see the problem when I have a dark grey background, such as the iPhoto or Aperture background on my MacBook Pro with Retina Display. I just wanna check with you guys if this is true with all the IPS displays.

Cheers guys :)

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

No, but I always set my display to go to sleep to save power anyway.

3. JustMartin macrumors 6502a

I've never noticed it. But, then I use a screensaver.

4. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

Mine ghosts and I'm on my 2nd panel. I think you're right in that they all do it, but often times you don't even realise it.

I do have my computer on for a long time due to work and any folders sitting on the desktop will leave an impression. BUT they are gone by the next time I turn the computer back on.

Could it be caused by my BTO overclocked processor creating too much heat? I have no idea. I'm just guessing to be honest.

5. henry72 thread starter macrumors 65816

henry72

Thanks for the inputs guys. Yea I don't notice it until there is a grey background shows up such as iPhoto and Aperture background. :) I'm pissed off that I paid for an expensive laptop for the Retina display and then there is ghosting problems. SUCKS! I guess if this wouldn't affect the lifetime of the display, that's okay!

Sucks that it only happen to LG screens apparently :(

6. domaso macrumors newbie

I don't know if it's the same thing, but I've recently noticed some dock icons on my screen "burned in" :eek: It was only noticeable when booting (white boot background). I now set the dock to auto-hide (it's a bit annoying), and after a few weeks the burned areas seem to be almost gone. :)