iMac Packing Material

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mikeraiwet, Sep 21, 2009.

1. mikeraiwet macrumors newbie

Hello, first post and I would like a bit of advice...

I am one of those apple fanboys who has been to known to upgrade my computer every year (why I don't know) but for the last couple years when I sell my old iMac, I have to wait until I receive my new one because, a few years ago I had to package the new styrofoam edges with the old computer, I don't exactly remember what happened to the old stuff. Anyways this had led to a vicious cycle that I am desperate to end.

Do any of you guys know of a store, place, etc. or an idea for me to get find new packing material for iMac or a LCD cinema display? This would relieve a lot of un-wanted stress and frustrations. Thanks for any input!

2. robsaskibum macrumors newbie

Buy one at the Apple store that's a little slower than the one you want, then return it the next day and upgrade. Say "it just wasn't fast enough for what I'm doing" but keep the packing material. I've yet to pay a re-stocking fee at any Apple store if I'm using that money to purchase other stuff, especially if I'm buying a more expensive model.

3. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

Some time ago apple offered a service box for their stuff. I do not know if they still do it.

If you sent your computer in for service they would give you a plain brown box with packing material, the same stuff they use for some re-furbs. Just like the original but no designs etc.

You could ask your local apple seller?