Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PrinceDraven

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
London, UK
Guys, can i get some info?
Got a 24" iMac that is past the 1 year warranty, have no issue with it, but as my Time Capsule has just died it has made me concerned that it may also die sometime.
Called Apple and they say as it is outside the 1yr warranty I cannot buy Applecare.
Are there any other options available to cover it in case of failure??

Thanks for your help..

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
i guess in your case your alternatives are limited to
a.) praying
b.) saving money for all eventualities

if you bought it by credit card ..some credit cards offer extended warranties usually they double the warranty of the manufacturer , but i guess you would know about that if your credit card company would have offered it

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
but i guess you would know about that if your credit card company would have offered it

Not necessarily....credit card companies don't go out of their way to advertise that perk (once you already have the card)....they bank on the fact that a lot of cardholders "forget" about that feature....so just because you bought something expensive, they're not going to send you anything to say "hey - don't forget we've doubled your warranty"....best for the OP to check his cardholder agreement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.