IMAC plus 2 * 27" monitors

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Beech jet, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Beech jet, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012

Beech jet macrumors newbie

I am thinking of buying an IMAC 27" with 2GB plus 512mb SSD to link to my other 27" monitor apple and buy another 27" monitor - HELP

I believe they will all link 3 * 27" inch monitor via the new thunderbolt duel port cables....

I know nothing... But I want a stand to hold them and mabe stick my IPad 3 beside or or my may book pro which is to slow ....

I am waiting till next week when the new 2012 apple show starts, as iMac showed be changed, it is too big, to heavy etc... I want the latest to if it works.... Office for windows is also disaster on apple.I have changed from a normal Sony viao and it seems backwards..... When is the next upgrade

Who knows about linking two 27" apple monitors off one stand and getting rid of cables...will it work..what do you recommend..I want a cinema screen look for work but a clean look....

2. jsolares macrumors 6502a

Not sure exactly what you mean, you can connect two Apple Thunderbolt Displays to the iMac 27" using one thunderbolt port on the iMac, you can also connect two display port monitors (Dell, etc) and then you'll use the two thunderbolt ports on the iMac.

You still need to use the display port cables or the thunderbolt cables, not sure what you mean by getting rid of cables.