Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iMac' started by BDG1, Oct 25, 2012.
Has anyone heard when we will be able to preorder online the new 27" iMac?
Nope. No one knows yet.
Pre orders Detail Soon
I was Going Through some of the Websites it revealed that the Pre order will be available soon.....
Perhaps tomorrow after they updated the store for the iPad mini preorders
when i asked the online apple store helper or whatever the live support is .. they said not til december
Are there typically 'pre-orders' for macs?
No, but then typically Apple doesn't announce a mac and release it 2 months later.
I think we can pre order the 21'5'' in mid November to get it end of November (same for 27'' in december). When Apple says "available in xy" it means "end of xy" like iTunes 11 which is available in october *lol*.
a shame, Apple is doing everything bad, bad, bad.... there is no stock for anything, delays, stupids preorders, icreassing prices....
F * c K U Apple, u Stink
Exactly. Windows 8 has been released now and Apple wanted to get the iMac announced to try and win some windows customers over. I think it was planned to be released a lot sooner than Dec but they have had problem after problem.
I will not pre order.
1. I dont see there being massive demand and I could walk into a shop on release day and pick one up. or order online and delivery be days away.
2. I honestly think there is going to be teething issues. I will sit and watch MacRumors until Jan to see exactly what problems customers are facing before I buy.
But I have waited for 6 months+ and I will def be getting my hands on one soon after its released.
i guess it will be when they are ready to sell the 21 inch in november, i read on one of the threads here someone saying november 2nd for the 21 inch launch, who knows though.
It would be in line with what they are doing with the ipad mini, if you look at the apple store you can now order the 3g version of the ipad mini which says delivery end of november. Of course the imac is more complicated because of the bto stuff.
What's everyone going for? I'm thinking the high end 27 with the i7 chip and the 3tb fusion drive and upgrade the ram myself by sticking another 16gb in though if the upgrade price from 8 to 16 is reasonable i would just get 16gb direct from apple, as usual they'll ask for stupid money though. My concerns with upgrades are heat, I've heard of previous generation imacs getting hot with upgraded chips and gpu, i was going to go ssd which would have reduced the heat from a major source but the new fusion options sounds better, though you then still have a hdd in there, in a much small internal space too. I'll probably go with the standard gpu from the highend, i'm not a gamer but I do still want photoshop to still work on the thing in 5 years.
In the Netherlands there is a reseller that mentions end of November for the 21" and February 2013 for the 27".
I really hope they are wrong. Cannot imagine that they know something more than other resellers.
I guess I won't be able to take delivery this year and write it off on my 2012 taxes Apple continues to make it extraordinarily difficult for me to justify replacing my 2009 24" iMac.
My laptop is showing signs of death so I don't think I can wait too long for the 21.5" to be available.
I'm going to have a look at the Asus ET2300 when it's released on November 3rd.
The Asus VivoBooks look interesting too.
I've been trying to find out the same thing. I've called Apple's 1-800 number and they said that they get the same info as everyone else from the website (which I doubt). I've also contacted MacMall since I needed to buy something else from there and they said they didn't know either.
If I were to guess, I'd say that the 21" preorder would be the first week of November and the 27" would be the first week of December. The only thing that I'm afraid of is that the 27" will fall into shipping towards January/February timeframe.
Tim Cook feels differently. He mentioned that they expected their iMac inventory to be severely constrained and that they would see much more demand than they expect to be able to meet this quarter and into Q1.
I'm expecting that we'll get to pre-order in December, perhaps even early December, but even then not counting on one on my doorstep until late December even Janaury.
Yeah I saw that after I wrote that. I might have to pre-order asap.
But still this seems very rushed!