iMac price drops

Discussion in 'iMac' started by tennreb, Oct 13, 2008.

1. tennreb macrumors newbie

I plan on purchasing an iMac, but I would like to wait for a price drop if there is one coming soon. My current computer works, but barely, so I don't want to wait too long. I know that there is a promotion in the education store for $100 off a printer with an iMac that expires on Oct 20. Do they keep renewing this promotion? I'd like to buy within the next month or two and take advantage of both a price drop and the printer promotion.

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

The printer promo AFAIK is ongoing and is not limited to students, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

You might be able to get an even better deal buying a refurbished iMac, especially if they do drop prices or refresh them, and then buying a printer at a good price separately.

3. dannyboxer macrumors regular

dannyboxer

4. secretpact macrumors 6502

In that video, the guy says the new iMacs will be announced in 3-5 weeks, so that deadline is long gone. The screenshot he had of the "internal apple store" shows a really generous price cut. I only wish it'll be true.

5. dannyboxer macrumors regular

dannyboxer

Yeah on the screenshot the prices look awesome. I would think that apple would do something about the imac before christmas though, to get more sold. I think if they updated the iMac in January then no one would buy one because they have no money right after Christmas but if they released a new one before christmas then they would sell much more. :)

6. 234412 Guest

Its worth it, Ive been waiting a while and im spending alot.