iMac prices on options?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by crows, Nov 26, 2012.

1. crows macrumors member

I know this might be pure speculation but what do you guys think will be the upgrade prices on the options, I have been considering buying a mac since the upgrade to the mac book pro's this year but the 15" display on the MBP is not going to cut it for what I do, so when finally they announced the imacs I was releaved I could finally buy a new computer but now its seems i will have to pay a very steep price for what I want...I don't really need the 27" display but what I do need is the best GPU I can get because I do graphic intensive work anyway obviously what im looking for is the 27" iMac with the i7, flash storage, 680mx, and 16gb ram maybe 32gb, and yes that means with all the options...

after all that is said it might just cost too much, my budget is around $2500 but all this might push the price to $3K+? what do you guys think? I hate to say it but i might have to consider a custom pc for all this money I would really like to get into OSX but at those steep prices its hard not to think about alternatives

2. HBen macrumors member

I would also be interested what the people think UK prices will be. Also does anyone know if u get student discount of the up grades a well!

3. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

I believe you do get a discount on upgrades too.