iMac Pro is $1,000 Off at Micro Center Stores, Now $3,999 While Supplies Last

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 13, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Micro Center stores are currently offering the base model iMac Pro for $3,999, a significant $1,000 discount off Apple's regular price, and by far the lowest price we've ever seen for the powerful desktop workstation since it was released a month ago.

[​IMG]

Micro Center says the deal is available at its retail stores only and not online. The official Apple Authorized Reseller has 25 locations across the United States, many of which appear to be open this Saturday and Sunday.

The best deal we had previously seen on the base model iMac Pro, which starts at $4,999 from Apple, was a $250 discount from Best Buy that dropped the price to $4,749.99 earlier this week, so this is an impressive sale.

[​IMG]

Micro Center says the deal is limited to one per household, and supplies are likely extremely limited, so we recommend calling ahead if you are planning on visiting one of their stores. There's no indication when the sale ends, so act fast.

The base model iMac Pro is equipped with a 27-inch 5K display, 3.2GHz 8-core Intel Xeon W processor, 32GB of ECC RAM, 1TB SSD storage, Radeon Pro Vega 56 graphics with 8GB HBM2 memory, 10Gb Ethernet, and four Thunderbolt 3 ports.

(Thanks to Steve, Johnny, and other readers who tipped us!)

Article Link: iMac Pro is $1,000 Off at Micro Center Stores, Now $3,999 While Supplies Last

2. asdavis10 macrumors 6502

asdavis10

3. ghsNick macrumors 68030

ghsNick

Sales must be through the roof! Haha

I can't say I've ever seen such a discount on a brand new product.

4. obiwan macrumors regular

What? That's a crazy price!! - Shame they don't offer discounts like that in the UK!! (Mind you it still doesn't make up for the fact that the removable RAM is still glued inside the case...)

5. Glmnet1 macrumors 6502a

Either the iMac Pro doesn't sell well from third parties or someone at Micro Center thought it would make for a cheap publicity stunt.

6. djcerla macrumors 68000

djcerla

Never heard of "Micro Center Stores" before.

The loss they will take on a small number of strongly sought-after products is paying for priceless articles on tech blogs. Way more cost-effective than, say, advertising their stores on Facebook.

7. Glockworkorange macrumors 6502a

Glockworkorange

Wow. I still don’t have a use that would warrant, but I covet.

If I hadn’t just bought a 2017 i7....

I think it’s clear this is not selling well in brick and mortar.

Probably additional deals to come...
    --- Post Merged, Jan 13, 2018 ---
    Guess it makes sense—the kind of person who spends the coin to buys one of these will probably opt for BTO.

8. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

The Space Grey accessories seem to be going for $600+ on eBay, bringing this down even further if you bring your own keyboard and mouse.

9. lec0rsaire macrumors 6502a

The iMac Pro is just too expensive and overkill for typical, mainstream Apple customers. The professionals are not interested in the base configuration hence why the 20% discount this soon. Those guys are ordering more expensive custom spec ones. For those who can already afford a $5k machine, $10k is not a lot of money especially if they have high six figure salaries from pro work.

10. Boatboy24 macrumors 6502a

Micro Center always seems to have the best prices. For example, the base MacBook Pro there is the same price as a refurb from Apple.

11. 69Mustang macrumors 603

69Mustang

What da fudge?!?! That discount is crazy. Microcenter is one of my favorite stores and there's one about 3 miles from my house. I might pop in later to see what's what.

12. drowsier macrumors newbie

drowsier

Microcenter is an awesome store — we have one in the Minneapolis area.

This is a great deal on the base. I wonder if upgraded versions are discounted

13. BGarza macrumors newbie

BGarza

Much more tempting, but still, who wants to buy any high end computer with vulnerable processors to Spectre/Meltdown?

Laptops are many times an impulsive purchase. Workstations are investments. Also, w/o including a touchbar keyboard, an Apple Pencil compatible touchpad, and a lightning headphone jack, this red headed step child looks like it will fall victim to being last in line to receive updates.

14. 69Mustang macrumors 603

69Mustang

It's crazy that Apple didn't crank out the accessories for sale over the Xmas holidays considering they didn't have the HomePod on offer. I think they definitely would have sold a boatload. Especially the keyboard and trackpad. The mouse, not so much. Most videos I see with iMac Pros have a MX Master or some other multi-button mouse replacing Apple's low-rider.

15. jonblatho macrumors 6502a

jonblatho

It’s gonna be a while before computers are sold that aren’t vulnerable (from a hardware perspective) to Spectre and Meltdown. (With Intel chips, that is.)

16. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Even if Apple were to discount the iMac Pro, I don't think it would even come close to $1000 off. Only drawback would likely be the locations of Microcenter for those who actually have one within reach. I don't have a MicroCenter, but I have like five Best Buy's in my city. I have heard good things about Microcenter.

17. DrJohnnyN macrumors 6502a

DrJohnnyN

18. 69Mustang macrumors 603

69Mustang

It's my favorite tech store. Most of the staff is knowledgeable and likes to help but they don't crawl up your butt when you enter the store. Best Buy often price matches but I doubt they'd be willing to price match $1000 off especially since it's in store only. Within a 5 mile radius of my house I have Microcenter, Best Buy, Fry's, Staples, and Office Depot. I used to cross shop all of them but Microcenter typically had the best price on a day to day basis.

19. ProMacs macrumors newbie

ProMacs

So did I, so I'm guessing a lot of people submitted it.

20. Appleaker macrumors 68020

Glad to see it’s being offered at a much better price point already (even if it is for a limited discount). $3999/$3899 is probably the price point it should have been released at.

21. gijoeinla macrumors 6502a

Bingo !

Hopefully others here will realize what’s behind this *deal* and not slumping sales.

22. DrJohnnyN macrumors 6502a

DrJohnnyN

Yep, I love MC and there’s one 10 mins away! Way better than BB.

23. OldSchoolMacGuy macrumors 68040

OldSchoolMacGuy

I use to live directly across the street from that one. Was really convenient to be able to walk across the street when I needed something.