Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobtem

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 5, 2017
I bought a iMac pro at Microcenter back in January at the amazing promo price of $3999, but now in March it is still only $3999. I thought I got a deal, but it seems this is just the price at Microcenter. Not sure how any other vendors are selling them at full price.

Bigdog9586

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2015
I’m happy with my purchase there. I drove over 200 miles round trip in a blinding rain storm both ways to buy mine. Also got the Apple care and buy the time I got home and ran the serial number on the Apple site it showed 3 years of warranty.

BurgDog

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2012
I bought a iMac pro at Microcenter back in January at the amazing promo price of $3999, but now in March it is still only $3999. I thought I got a deal, but it seems this is just the price at Microcenter. Not sure how any other vendors are selling them at full price.
Rules for sale are highly restricted so likely Apple lets Micro Center sell at that price and maybe Micro Center got a deal from Apple as a way for Apple to get rid of excess inventory in a less than planned demand for the base config. Have to go to store to buy, no mail-order and only 25 outlets. Individual stores seem to go in and out of stock so unknown whether or not this special price will continue once stock depleted.

Reactions: Darmok N Jalad

Bigdog9586

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2015
Rules for sale are highly restricted so likely Apple lets Micro Center sell at that price and maybe Micro Center got a deal from Apple as a way for Apple to get rid of excess inventory in a less than planned demand for the base config. Have to go to store to buy, no mail-order and only 25 outlets. Individual stores seem to go in and out of stock so unknown whether or not this special price will continue once stock depleted.
Mine here in the Detroit area has advertised 10+ in stock for a month anyway. So getting them from somewhere.

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003

Its not their regular price... but they do seem to go on sale regularly. I’m still glad I got mine,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.