Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With the iMac Pro now available to order, Apple has released a VESA mount adapter kit for the computer on its online store around the world.

imac-pro-vesa-mount-bracket-kit-800x556.jpg

The kit comes with everything you need to replace your iMac Pro stand with a mounting bracket, which lets you attach your iMac Pro to any VESA-compatible wall mount, desk mount, or articulating arm to customize your workspace.
With the VESA Mount Adapter attached, your iMac Pro complies with the VESA FDMI (MIS-D, 100, C) version specification. This adapter supports iMac Pro and cannot be used with any other iMac or display. Use the adapter only with a VESA mount that can support the weight of your iMac Pro.
The kit is priced at $79 in the United States and is currently estimated to ship in 2-3 weeks, so deliveries should begin in January.

While ordering the iMac Pro on Apple's online store, the kit can also be added for $79 as part of a custom configuration.

Article Link: Apple Releases VESA-Compatible Mounting Bracket Kit for iMac Pro

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
It's great that they are selling this VESA kit. Sometimes, though, the Apple premium pricing on everything they put out is exhausting.

I recall posting in the first thread early this week about the ventilation ...

9 pages ... and nobody yet noticed that the "new" ventilation vents are BEHIND the iMac ARM which blocks airflow?!
What on earth was John Ternus, Apple's VP of Hardware Engineering thinking?!

Now with a Wall-Mount and the iMac Pro right up against a wall (potentially not in all use cases) I still see this ventilation being an issue over the long term use.

Who's buying one?!

Music Ambulance

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2008
I always though Jobs and Ive failed with ergonomics with the old round iPhone earbuds, and the sunflower design of the iMac. Looks great as an object in a room, but after a string of 16 hr days the lack of vertical adjustment was just BS. We’ve always stacked half a foot of books under ours. Pleased to see a solution finally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.