iMac problems (scanner and wifi)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ApplePie22, May 6, 2016.

1. ApplePie22 macrumors newbie

two issues that are so frustrating:

1) I have HP LaserJet printer. Often when I go to scan via Image Capture, I get a response that "no camera or scanner detected." I try and try and try again, sometimes it pops up, and sometimes if I reset computer it works. But, anytime I print, to the same device, it prints no problem.

2) I have my mac online via wifi and ethernet cable. at least ten times a day the mac loses internet connection, I turn wifi off then right back on, and it works. why would I lose connection, and why wouldn't ethernet work even if wifi has an issue?

I work from home and am scanning and online all day, so this is so annoying, any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

In network preferences what is your network order? Ethernet should be on top. I have that and only use the wireless connection for AirDrop.

Is the HP an all in one? How is it connected? My experience using a HP scanner over a network has been poor. The HP always seems to lose connection.

3. ApplePie22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, the network issues seems to be resolved, by moving Ethernet to the top.
    the HP is all in one, strangely though 100% of the time I print it finds it, but only 50% of the time when I scan? It is connected via wire