iMac Problems

Discussion in 'iMac' started by HappySnail, May 29, 2008.

1. HappySnail macrumors regular

I Basicly have 2 questions.

1. I have a slightly lighter patch in the bottom left area of my iMac screen that is mainly visible when there is a black but still backlit screen. Also about 3 "shiny" pixels, i am not sure if they are dead but they change colour from different angles. Is this worth talking to apple about (Replacement/Fixing).
    It is an 07 Aluminium iMac, i havn't done anything as i hoped the problem would just go away but it is really annoying.

2.My iMac is also getting slower and slower to boot up and shut down, now it takes about 40 Seconds when befor it was much faster. I have used Onyx to try to clear this up but it is still slow i also have lots of Hard Drive space so that shouldn't affect it. Is there anything i can do.

Thanks.

2. dantay macrumors regular

dantay

The lighter patch you mention is backlight bleed and this will not improve with time. If you speak to apple you may be able to get a replacement screen but I honestly doubt it will be any better......maybe worse.

Someone else will you be able to help regarding your slowing system as I have no experiance of that problem on either iMac.

Good luck getting your problems sorted.

3. HappySnail thread starter macrumors regular

thanks

thanks, I can live with it as it is only noticable in the dark on a black background.

Anyone know why my iMac would be slowing down?

4. ewilson6 macrumors 6502

If safari is the last app you used it will take longer to shut your mac down.

Open and close another app before shutting down and this should take care of it.

My iMac was doing the same thing and by looking at Activity Monitor, safari was the culprit.

--Eric

5. HappySnail thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

Thanks, this dramaticly reduces the shutdown time so thank you very much but it still takes a while to start up.

Anyone know why startup would be affected and take so long.

6. AlexisV macrumors 68000

AlexisV

Do you shut it off every night? OS X needs to perform maintenance in the early hours of the morning.

Better off just putting it to sleep.

7. HappySnail thread starter macrumors regular

i usually shut it down but i'll try that. Thanks for the information.

8. AL2TEACH macrumors regular