iMac protection

Discussion in 'iMac' started by smithydan, Jul 4, 2013.

1. smithydan macrumors member

After being revised the new design of the iMacs come with a very thin edge. I realise that caution is at a higher level of ensuring no damages occur. On the previous model because it had a thick bezel that can and would take some damage before the screen got affected but with this new design not so much, are there any alternative methods of protection besides just being very careful.

I am not talking about screen protection, more so corner protection - around the bezel.

I know it is beautiful as it stand already but just asking. Thanks.

2. Bear macrumors G3

Protection from what? The glass front on the pre-2012 model is edge to edge.

I recommend for protection, you keep hammers and such away from the computer.

3. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I was going to recommend cutting a viewing hole in the original box... and keeping it secure in the Styrofoam shipping blocks... but your approach is more elegant. ;)

/Jim

4. Shane1905 macrumors regular

you could start by not inviting this dude into your house

Attached Files:

5. Shane1905 macrumors regular

Mind you, He has protected the edges... so maybe you should, your iMac cant fall over if its always laying on its face.

6. smithydan, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013

smithydan thread starter macrumors member

lol, true.

I just asked, anyways thanks guys.

7. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Common sense is my best suggestion. That or lots of bubble wrap.

8. Shane1905, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013

Shane1905 macrumors regular

Haha, sorry for taking the piss. In all honesty I wouldn't spend to much time worrying about it. Mine sits on a desk with its back to a wall so can't fall off, I was worried my 2 year old would be able to damage it, they seem pretty good a finding new and wonderful ways of destroying things but so far I only have to put up with fingers on the screen... They are a bitch to clean off! There is a post on here somewhere to show you what can happen when kids come within a five mile radius of your iMac, ill try find it and post a link.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1581293

There are image links in comment No:9

9. smithydan thread starter macrumors member