iMac, PS11 and EpsonRX500 Printing Problems

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by brbrown, Jan 15, 2014.

1. brbrown macrumors newbie

Using my old Windows XP computer (with a Spyder 2 calibrated screen), my Epson All In One RX500 printer and Photoshop 6 (not Elements), I used to get perfect printing results.

I now have an iMac Mountain Lion updated to Maverick (with a Spyder 4 Express calibrated screen), using updated drivers and profiles for my RX500 printer from Apple and Photoshop Elements 11.

Whatever combination of screen calibration and printer settings I use, the results are appalling in that the colours are not true and seem to have a Cyan tint and the Black colours of the original show as Cyan. Even using the printers Photocopying facility, the Black colours are heavily Cyan tinted. It’s as if the software is ignoring the screen colours. It also seems as if the iMac or PS 11 is also controlling the Photocopying printing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled updated drivers to no avail.

I wondered if anyone else was using the same combination of hardware and software and if so, have you achieved good results?

2. Photo2950 macrumors newbie

3. Photo2950 macrumors newbie

I have about the same problem using PS Elements, iMac 27 and Canon x6520. got to be the settings because i get good prints using the same images, same printer and my old PC with CS3. I'd like to know what you find out.