iMAC Purchase - Who to Buy From??

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jsciullo, Nov 24, 2008.

1. jsciullo macrumors newbie

Thinking about buying an iMac. There are a number of retailers that sell it and I also have an Apple store that is close. My company gets a discount direct from Apple but I think its on line only. I suspect that I will pay full retail if I purchase from the Apple store and pay state tax if I dont buy via the Web. ANy pro's cons on where I buy from?

Thanks,
    Jim

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Wirelessly posted (Jeff's iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

You could try looking on craigslist?

3. AlexisV macrumors 68000

AlexisV

Why not just buy off the Apple store? Low prices, no hassle, quick delivery.

4. iChrisG macrumors member

I would recommend getting an iMac from the Apple Store. I got one two month's ago, and I'll never forget the expierence.

Happy Shopping!

-Chris

5. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

Why not just go in to your apple store. And ask, If the will honer your companies discount. They might just do it.

Ordering from Apple is very secure and pleasant. They have a good reputation of taking care of any problems. Even ones that fall on the shipping company. Which are rare.

6. jsciullo thread starter macrumors newbie

The Apple store sounds like the way to go. As much as I hate paying sales tax having them close means I dont have to ship anything. Do they service the iMacs in the stores or do they ship them out?
    Jim

7. dannyboxer macrumors regular

dannyboxer

Apples going to have a sale on Friday! Get a iMac then!

8. deorg macrumors 6502

deorg

9. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

First, see if your company discount is greater than what you can save by buying from a reputable source such as Amazon or refurbished. If not, call your local Apple store and see if they will honor your company discount. If not, buying online from Apple is fine. I would not buy second hand through Craig's List as many people have been burned that way. Best wishes.