Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hoghvn1999

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
The buying guide says that we are on day 196 and average updates on the iMac occur around 205. As much searching as I have done I have not found any evidence of rumors of an update. Anyone have any insight or found other info? If not I am going to join the world of Mac (how could I have stuck with PC for so long?). I am drooling for a Mac but will wait a few weeks if the next update is coming.

thanks for any help

barijazz

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2007
that average is just that, an average. Someone averaged the time between updates on the imac. I would say the imac is not going to be updated for a while. Apple has other things to worry about, like taking the MBP, mac mini, and macbook all aluminum.

yodermk

macrumors member
May 13, 2006
They're coming .... sometime.

Apple seems to care about keeping the iMac somewhat up to date, so it will get Penryn. Probably not this month, possibly not next ... but I don't think it will be long after that.

hoghvn1999

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Thanks

I appreciate the info from both of you. I think I will just go and get it because I am dying to get in and start learning. thanks again

barijazz

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2007
Ya if you always try to stay ahead of the tech curb you will continually be let down. There is always the next model around the corner, even after you think you've beat the system.

mondesi43

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2007
I appreciate the info from both of you. I think I will just go and get it because I am dying to get in and start learning. thanks again

I waited for sooo long for Leopard. That was my defining factor for getting an iMac. Then came the aluminum case last year. I said forget Leopard, I want it now. I don't regret it one bit.

I got the higher end 20" and bought 4GB of crucial RAM. Since the I have used our laptop a total of 4-5 times. It's a little bit frustrating switching at first, but then you start questioning why MS doesn't do things the same way.

Since getting it I use iPhoto, FCE, handbrake, and garageband almost every day. Very few lockups and the ease will blow you away.

Later

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.