iMac question for Uk people

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ShrubbySoup, May 12, 2012.

1. ShrubbySoup macrumors regular

ShrubbySoup

Hey guys, I'm looking at the tesco website and I see this iMac, it says it comes pre installed with snow leopard? These have only become available for the first time in a month so would it be lion and just an error or would they still get access to a snow leopard model?

2. TopToffee macrumors 6502a

3. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

I noticed the same thing on the PC world site a few weeks ago. I agree it's probably a mistake as the ones in store were running Lion.

4. richb330 macrumors newbie

The specs in the blurp state it's an Intel Core i5 2400S, which is the Sandy bridge processor included in the latest hardware revision. The 2011 iMacs came out in May, before Lion was released (July) so there is a chance it has SL installed. it will be the same hardware as the current iMacs, but may include the old keyboard that has a dashboard icon on F4. The newer keyboards have the Launchpad icon instead.

If it is you can upgrade the OS through the App Store and, other than the keyboard, it will be a latest revision.

TBH you'd probably get a better deal going through the [Apple] refurb store on line than Tesco.

I've also noticed a couple of online ads from PC World advertising 10% off the macbook pros and iMacs. this could indicate an attempt to reduce stocks for an imminent release of updated products.. but who knows!

5. fisha macrumors regular

I had noticed the 10% ads for PC World as well. I thought exactly the same, trying to dump stock.